Jack O'Lantern Stuffed Peppers
What's spookier than a ghost on Halloween? 👻
These Jack O'Lantern Stuffed Peppers! 🎃
My (Kendra's) kiddos love making these each year. It's always a game to see what funny faces they'll come up with. Try this with your kids and have them say "Boo" too!
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 orange bell peppers
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ cup yellow onion, diced
½ lb. ground meat
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Italian herb mix
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
2 cups water
- Remove the top of the orange pepper and discard the seeds. Cut orange peppers into your favorite jack-o-lantern shapes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat atop the stove. Sauté the yellow onion until light brown before adding the ground meat, garlic salt, Italian herb mix and crushed red pepper. Heat until meat is brown, stirring constantly.
- Add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture into pre-cut peppers. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until peppers are soft.
* Choose your favorite ground meat (moose, musk ox, caribou, beef, etc.) to make your jack-o-lantern unique.
* Decorate jack-o-lanterns with kids to encourage healthy eating.