Looking for something sweet in the afternoon? These black bean brownies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth while giving you a boost of energy to get you through the day. Beans are packed with protein and fiber which will keep you full until dinner!
Black Bean Brownies: Serves 9
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients besides the chocolate chips.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 8x8 pan.
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes. Check for doneness with toothpick.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, cut into squares and enjoy!
*Written by Alexis Kiefer, an FLN Intern