It feels good to finish a hard workout knowing you gave it your all. Unfortunately, it’s a bummer to realize it’s not over yet. Like with any good workout, you’re not done until you refuel. With these Plant-Based Celebration Protein Bars you can now finish your workouts with a party!
These bars have the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrates you need to replenish your glycogen stores and repair those muscles so you can recover faster and feel great.
1 ⅓ cup rolled oats
⅓ cup soy protein powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup peanut butter
⅓ cup honey
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
½ cup sprinkles
- Add the rolled oats to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles a fine powder.
- Add in the protein powder and salt. Pulse for about 5 seconds to mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil. Pulse until the mixture resembles a dough.
- Add in the sprinkles and pulse until they are gently incorporated into the dough.
- Line a 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Slice the dough into 8 bars. Serve or refrigerate dough for later enjoyment.
Recipe by Kendra Miller, MPH, RDN, LD
Write a comment